Possible cheap solution for Apple

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jayducharme, Jun 25, 2010.

1. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

If Apple were to put a non-conductive coating on just the bottom antenna strip, that might solve the problem. The only way to short the antenna system would then be to bridge the gap on the top of the phone, not a likely scenario.

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

so you think it is that the antenna is being "shorted" of sorts? and that reduces the signal levels?

could work.. but would cost billions of dollars in losses!

3. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

Ok well that doesn't solve the fact that my phone has a full case on it and still has issues. On coffee table 5 bars..pick up phone 2 bars...WTF? I seriously would like to shove this phone up SJ's butt! And this is coming from a fanboy. I have a total Apple household and this whole thing is just not right.

4. jayducharme thread starter macrumors 68040

jayducharme

I don't think it would cost all that much. The bottom antenna is a small separate piece. Apple could begin manufacturing it with the coating. Everyhing else would remain the same. People who already bought iPhones would return them for the new model. Apple would send the old models out to have the bottom antenna piece swapped out and then Apple could re-sell the phone. Obviously there's a cost involved, but it's not huge.

5. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i meant the costs to fix the current iphones that have already been produced lol.