Possible Cinema Display update coming soon proof?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by SolrFlare, Oct 14, 2007.

1. SolrFlare macrumors regular

Myself and a friend were by a local Best Buy Apple store today and he was thinking about picking up an apple cinema display to compliment his mac. They were out of the 20 incher he wanted so they offered to customer fulfill one for him and have it delivered to his house. He said sure, he'd appreciate it.

Only, when they looked it up in the system they noticed that not only did they not have any currently in stock, but that Best Buy wasn't expecting to get any more of the cinema displays in anytime soon.

The last time this happened was right before the iMac refresh, otherwise they can always order new displays/macs, etc, it just may take awhile to fulfill it. The general impression everyone got was that a very likely reason they would be out of stock would be because a refresh was coming soon, likely with the launch of leopard.

It's worth noting the same situation exists right now with Best Buy regular Macbook laptops, and a minor refresh to the Macbook is also generally expected with the Leopard Launch.

Anyway, take this with a grain of salt, but it is a possible indicator.

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

There's no way Apple is going to release new cinema displays , Macbooks , Mac Pros and Leopard at the same time without an event.

3. bld44 macrumors 6502

Best Buy has had a history of having trouble keeping ACDs in stock. Don't count on it. I'd also add the new Mac Pro to your list, Peace. These forums seem to solely exist for new product discussions these days.

4. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

5. hollywoodmacguy macrumors regular

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...e.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?family=AppleDisplays

All three models are readily avail at the online :apple: store and on Amazon.

Have noticed at my local Best Buy (in California) that they don't seem to take good care of their :apple: products and in-store set-up for them. For example, was looking at the new iMacs recently and none of them were connected to the Web so you couldn't really use or demo them (unlike the PCs). The guy who worked there said it was a constant problem and they didn't seem to be rushing to fix it. My sense is that they aren't really trained to sell Macs yet and, consequently, if they're out of stock on an item, i.e. the ACDs, they are in no great hurry to replenish their supply...

That said, I'm extremely eager for either a refresh or redesign and am more than willing to take any indicator as a possible sign of news on this front...

6. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

I'm more surprised that there aren't more VCRs and items with a clock flashing 12:00 in the Best Buy stores. :p