possible dead pixel..not sure though

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by cheekybobcat, Jan 5, 2008.

1. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

The biggest "dead pixel" is about half an inch from the left side of the screen and about an inch above the music icon on the dock. It is honestly very very small, probably the size of a sugar grain, maybe smaller but there are also two more close to it that are smaller than the first one. It makes a triangle.
    However, I never noticed it until i actually looked but it is definitely there and ive cleaned the screen about 100 times trying to get it off now. I can only see it in a few angles too. its not as if you can see it in one angle but in some you cant see it. i had my mom look at it and she cant see anything and neither did her friend but no doubt i can see something. Is it worth taking to the apple store to have them look at it or should i just forget about it?
    now that i see it, it been just a nuisance.

FYI, its a macy gray model, idk what week though.

tahnks.

2. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

Well if you took it back to the apple store then you best restore it and get rid of everything I did for you. Or else they will probably throw your ass out of the store.

3. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

haha. i know that...

4. dagored macrumors 65816

5. eba macrumors regular

I've never understood folks who run tests looking for stuck pixels. If you can't see it, who cares? If it's a stuck pixel that matters, you'll know. If you don't know, it's not a problem. Life is way too short to obsess over these things.

6. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

7. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

It's not just a test too look for stuck pixels. It has also a possible fix for stuck pixels. It worked for me.

8. cheekybobcat thread starter macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

Yeah, it worked for me too. It un-stuck 2 out of the 3 stuck or dead pixels