I'm a college student looking to upgrade from my current MacBook to a new, more powerful setup so that I may buy Adobe's Production suite to edit videos and photos. I'm thinking if max out the Mac Mini and buy an external monitor would be cheaper than buying a MacBook Pro equivalent to the Mini's hardware. Is this a smart move? Will a maxed out Mini handle Photoshop, AE, and the like, without hiccups? Also, instead of buying an external monitor, can I use my MacBook as a monitor for the Mini? I've seen threads speaking of a Mini update for the fiscal 13/14 year. Should I wait until Christmas time to get the Mini so I know I'm getting a 13/14 Mini, not the 12/13? Thanks for the thoughts and pointers.