Possible Exchange SS for SBSS?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by eddiexhart, Sep 30, 2015.

1. eddiexhart macrumors regular

eddiexhart

So I'm one of the early adopters that purchased my AW SS and well after this last announcement and having just checked out the Apple Store to realized that they released a SBSS AW for $599.... the same price of the SS! When the AW first released they had the option for the SBSS but only for $1099... Clearly I didn't have that much money... but has anybody thats feeling the same way tried to exchange the watch for the SB?

I personally would have purchased the SB if they had it available for $599... But they didn't... Has anybody tried bringing this up and tried exchanging it? What was the outcome?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Unless you're within your 14-day return period, you'd have better luck winning the lottery.

3. Enygmatic macrumors 6502a

Enygmatic

Yeah, seriously... this "I would have done this if this were available then" argument/expectation thing has gotten out of hand.

Best option: sell it, get what you can for it, and put that toward the new one.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sell it and buy the one that is now available. I don't expect Apple to take a return from a product that was used all summer. Seems like a stretch and taking advantage of their otherwise stellar customer support.

5. parseckadet macrumors 6502a

parseckadet

They will GLADLY exchange it. All you have to do is pay a small fee of $599, and you get to keep your old watch as a bonus! Do note that if you bought Apple Care+ it will still be tied to your old watch and you'll have to buy it for the new one separately.