Possible fan / Macbook awakening issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tomster2300, Apr 18, 2008.

1. tomster2300 macrumors member

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. Hopefully somebody's heard of this problem and will have some kind of advice as to what to do. Thanks to al in advance!

Today my Macbook's fans have whirled extremely loudly for about 10 seconds whenever I open the computer (awakening it from its sleep). The hard drive makes noise for roughly 2-3 seconds, then the fans kick in at high speed for another 10 seconds or so.

I no longer get the usual "whum-whum" sound it's supposed to make.

I don't think it's supposed to do this, because its never done it in the past. It was on the passenger seat of my car and fell longways to the floorboard last Tuesday when I made a sharp left turn downtown (it hit on the bottom left hand corner / left skinny side). Do you think this could be to blame?

I've rebooted the computer and everything is acting normally except for this horrible fan usage when reviving the system. Nothing but Safari is running right now and it's still doing it. It also does it on and off the power cord.

2. tomster2300 thread starter macrumors member

I'm still having the issue so I'm pushing this back to the top. I'm going to try and get in touch with an Apple tech and see if they know what's going on. The Macbook is still under warranty since I bought it during Christmas.