Possible front camera problem iPhone x

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Caris, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Caris macrumors 6502a

Caris

Hi just a quick one, I don’t know if this has something to do with the new front camera tech. But if I take a selfie and hold the phone straight my head is to the side of the screen very slightly. I have to tilt the phone to centre my face on the display.

Does anyone else have this issue or is it a fault with my phone.

Just want some replies before I head to the Apple store

2. Jackorias macrumors member

Jackorias

3. FunkyTang macrumors 6502a

IMG_6853.JPG Well the front camera isn't in the middle of the screen, just like other iPhones.

4. andyw715 macrumors 65816

Normal...I have to dip the right side of my 7+ down a bit to center my ugly mug. That's why I don't take selfies.

5. Caris thread starter macrumors 6502a

Caris

Really? I’ve noticed this on other phones before I have to tilt my x to th side a fraction to centre my head

6. mazdamiata210 macrumors 6502a

Could be a loose camera module. This was an issue on the 6 I believe

7. volkanfurkan macrumors newbie

Same for my front camera of my iPhone X. I have to tilt it to the left a bit, to center my face. I didn't have the issue on my 7+... The camera lens seems to sit in the centre, so it shouldn't be the problem. I need to test it with a reference iPhone X in a phone shop.

8. Unnamed1 macrumors member

I thought I was having the same issue also, but managed to check with two other iPhone X's

All of these needed to be titled to the left and down a bit to center the face. It was a bit odd for me coming from the iPhone 7 Plus as it was always near the middle in that device.

If we hold the phone, what we thought was straight on, our heads were always in the bottom left of the screen.

Hopefully this helps you enjoy your new iPhone X :)

9. volkanfurkan macrumors newbie

Do you wear glasses? Because I do and if I take off my glasses, the camera shows me perfectly aligned in the middle without the need of tilting the device. I don’t know if the front camera aligns the position with the help of the infrared sensors. Maybe the technology has some issues with bigger glasses. When I wear the glasses I’m a little bit out of centre. Without glasses it’s perfect!