Possible future "touch sensitivity" problem for Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by nowdsa, Sep 15, 2007.

1. nowdsa macrumors newbie

Not meaning to add to the already dismal reports of screen problems, hiss and other issues with the Touch, but I ran across this artical today and it scared me. It seems that the iPhone is having problems where part of the screen, or the WHOLE screen, stops responding to touch (they call it a "dead strip"). This is bad news. If the Touch uses the same technology as the iPhone, this could get nasty, really quick

http://www.intomobile.com/2007/08/1...ems-may-get-worse-the-dreaded-dead-strip.html

2. Brereton55 macrumors newbie

Update
    The iPhone does not use heat chemical deposition technology, nor does it detect inputs based on heat.

3. nowdsa thread starter macrumors newbie

I dont know what that has to do with the reported problems of the screens ceasing to work in places or the entire surface. Read the comments below the article, its a real problem and it seems that the screen just stops responding for no real reason. Im sure this will be fixed later on, but it might be an issue for early Touch buyers.

4. ddk121 macrumors 6502

It might have already been fixed. I mean, people were reporting that their iPod Touch screens were[ different to the iPhone screens. Maybe :apple: have already replaced the screens.

5. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Nooooooooooooo!!! not my beautiful iPod touch!!!

Well, that's what the one year limited warranty is for.

Prof. :apple:

6. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Exactly. If the thing craps out within a year, they're obligated to replace everyone's touches/iPhones.