Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
NY
Well, this is my first technical issue with my Mac so far.

Specs: MacBook Pro 5,2 17" (early 2009) 2.93GHz etc.

I was playing a bit of Minecraft, as I have done over the past few months without trouble, and the game started crashing all the sudden. It crashed three times and on the 4th time my whole computer started bugging out.

At first, nothing was responsive but the cursor, then the screen started messing up like some sort of graphics issue, of which I was able to catch a screenshot of.

I know that sometimes screens can become disconnected, but if the problem is visible with a screenshot it's usually something worse:
ljc1E.jpg

Anyone else had this problem with Minecraft? I was playing it all today perfectly fine until about an hour ago.

davidcmc

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2009
I've had some problems that make my MBP 13" completely frozen.
Curiously, it only happened when I was using the MBP in battery mode (not connected to power plug) and using low CPU-demanding applications (like Pages '09, Firefox etc.).

Everything freezes and only the mouse cursor responds.

I've had this like 3 times (random situations).
So I've booted from Mac OS X Installation DVD, opened Disk Utility and repaired permissions and disk ("Repair Disk Permitions" and "Repair Disk" options).

I've done it like 5 days ago and it didn't freeze anymore.

Try it. Maybe it fixes your problem.
Or not. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.