Possible Hard drive problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Samuriajackon, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Samuriajackon macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I've had the mac that's outlined in my signature for three days, it's working great, but every once in a while it seems to completely lock up, that is to say i can't click on anything, the program that's running at the time of lock up will display the spinning thinking wheel.

If I pull up a folder with lots of stuff(like the applications folder) it takes forever to populate exactly what's in the folder.

I shut everything down, and i mean everything that was running as a program and launched "Age of Empires 3" without any addons to the game. Every time an NPC voice has a part in the game the game basically freezes up and then resumes.

I thought maybe my drive was too full, but out of 250GB only 44 is used, and 25 is dedicated to the WindowsBootcamp side...

is my Harddrive bad?

2. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Could be software. I would do an erase and Install and start fresh and see if the hanging stops. If it doesn't it probably hardware, RAM or HDD to be specific.

3. Samuriajackon thread starter macrumors 6502

Samuriajackon

I have a white MacBook 13.3in with a 2GHZ processor that I used to have under AppleCare, is there any reason why the Tech Tools delux that came with that pack would NOT be able to properly diagnose that problem? I am running 10.6 and only used that Tech Tools DVD to version 10.5.something....:confused:

EDIT: 3.1.3 is the version of Tech Tools Delux that is 10.6 compatible. It's a free download if you have 3.1.2 installed like I did. Just run the Tech Tools and then select "Check for Product uPdates" and it will show you the link.