Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 26, 2005
Ok, so MacMall is running a 6 Day MacBook Pro Sale offering up to $459 Off MacBook Pros w/ FREE FedEx Overnight.

Interestingly enough, the sale ends Monday, 05/07, at 11:59pm (PT)

Given the fact that Apple often releases new Mac hardware on Tuesday, is this a possible hint that we'll see the new MacBook Pro release next Tuesday, May 8?

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Ok, so MacMall is running a 6 Day MacBook Pro Sale offering up to $459 Off MacBook Pros w/ FREE FedEx Overnight.

Interestingly enough, the sale ends Monday, 05/07, at 11:59pm (PT)

Given the fact that Apple often releases new Mac hardware on Tuesday, is this a possible hint that we'll see the new MacBook Pro release next Tuesday, May 8?

The last two MBP refreshes were around 3 am pacific time on Thursdays. But anything is possible at this point. All I know is I'm sick of waiting for this damn things. Every other company is already releasing desktops and laptops with ivy bridge.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
It's possible sure, but I would think that if we were that close to a refresh we would see a lot more of a constrained supply through 3rd party vendors. Just doing a quick scan of Best Buy's website, everything there appears to be normal as far as shipping times.

Risasi

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
I took advantage of one of these deals and picked up an Oct 2011 MBP 15" for $1250. I figure it was a deal too good to pass up. Considering the CPU is only going to be 10-15% faster, and instead of HD4000 they use discrete GPU in these bigger macbooks (which if it's Nvidia that's a deal breaker for me), it was worth the $550 savings.

cmChimera

macrumors 601
Feb 12, 2010
Why is it easier to hit new thread,rather than reply in the existing thread. This baffles me.

Hungry&Foolish

Suspended
Mar 29, 2012
I took advantage of one of these deals and picked up an Oct 2011 MBP 15" for $1250. I figure it was a deal too good to pass up. Considering the CPU is only going to be 10-15% faster, and instead of HD4000 they use discrete GPU in these bigger macbooks (which if it's Nvidia that's a deal breaker for me), it was worth the $550 savings.

Where did you get for 1250. Macmall or some place else.

Gator24765

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2009
Texas
The new one as in 15" or the whole line???

May 8th would be sweet, I would treat myself to a great birthday gift!

wiggy1

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
I went to MacMall with great excitment and saw that only a select few are on sale at that great deal. It looks like they have a few models in overstock, but I am not convinced that this is a true indication at this point. Still, fingers are crossed ;)

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, the secret date for the "unveiling" of the new products has been confirmed, May 8th in San Francisco. I just got off the phone with Jony Ive and Tim Cook, and they even exhumed Steve Jobs for the conference call to confirm this information as well. He also said life is nice in heaven and stop sweating the small stuff, like product release dates :D:apple:

Yes, top secret info. Heck if I know!

Xplode35

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2012
not gonna happen. I don't think Apple wants staggered releases for the different sized Pros. They have to wait for the dual-core Ivy Bridge so they will release them all at the same time.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
not gonna happen. I don't think Apple wants staggered releases for the different sized Pros. They have to wait for the dual-core Ivy Bridge so they will release them all at the same time.

This is more likely the case. I think we'll see the new MBPs at WWDC in mid-June. Really want a new laptop soon. All this waiting is killin' me. :eek:

Risasi

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2011
Where did you get for 1250. Macmall or some place else.

I got it at Bestbuy, they have something like 100 stores closing, and they are heavily discounted in some of them. Brand new machine, and I figured it won't be much slower than the new one. I'm guessing the only downside for me not waiting is lack of USB 3.0 and maybe an extra hour of battery life. All concessions I'm willing to make for the savings.

Hungry&Foolish

Suspended
Mar 29, 2012
I got it at Bestbuy, they have something like 100 stores closing, and they are heavily discounted in some of them. Brand new machine, and I figured it won't be much slower than the new one. I'm guessing the only downside for me not waiting is lack of USB 3.0 and maybe an extra hour of battery life. All concessions I'm willing to make for the savings.

Thank You, There is one best buy closing fairly close to me, I will go check it out.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
I don't think Apple wants staggered releases for the different sized Pros. They have to wait for the dual-core Ivy Bridge so they will release them all at the same time.

That makes sense, but...

I think we'll see the new MBPs at WWDC in mid-June.

...that assumes that the dual-cores will be available by then and, even if they are, that would have Apple 6-8 weeks behind the competition, many of whom have apready announced IB-based boxes and the chips are already in the stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.