Possible iMac refresh tomorrow: who believe in that?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chrismarle, Jul 24, 2012.

1. chrismarle macrumors 6502

Now that we all officially know that Apple is releasing OS X Mountain Lion tomorrow, is there anyone thinking of a possible iMac refresh tomorrow? I'm waiting since December and I am desesperately waiting for the refresh to get my first iMac, I hope, finger crossed, that it will be tomorrow, alongside with OS X Mountain Lion.

Anyone believe this too?

2. Mister Bumbo macrumors 6502

Not anymore. Mostly due to 9to5mac reporting on updated SKU numbers for the cinema display. That should have covered new iMacs too if they indeed were coming.

3. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

4. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Don't think so. Unless apple has fooled everyone... :D

5. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I doubt it. I hope the person in charge of getting the iMac updated and available to the public is flogged in public with a large wet noodle. Sick of the waiting.

6. alksion macrumors 68000

alksion

I bet my friend $20 about two months ago that we would see them by the end of July, but I think I need to head over to the ATM soon, if that answers your question.

I could from a marketing and strategic product announcement plan understand the postponing till tomorrow, but when tomorrow passes and we have no minor refreshed iMacs, I will then be extremely disappointed.

It really makes zero sense releasing an iMac two months from now if it doesn't have retina or a redesign. Personally, I'm fine without either one of those, but taking this long (two months from now) for a spec bump is absurd.

We shall see tomorrow....

7. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

It makes sense if there were production issues that prevented them from being shipped this month.

8. NunoBerny macrumors regular

NunoBerny

I wanted to believe...but I don't. ;)

9. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

I believe. Tomorrow the tooth fairy will announce the new iMac. I wasn't expecting an announcement tonight, but I don't think desktops got a mention. iPhone and iPod are all anybody seems interested in. If nothing by the end of July I'm gonna think serously about a refurb. Wanting to ditch the PC for ages and apple seem to have lost interest.

10. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Not me, not anymore ... and I'm doubtful about a fall release too !

11. nicklaz0r macrumors member

Just curious, why did people expect a new iMac or anythin in this event? We still have the 25th to wait til..

12. freshe macrumors regular

I made up my mind after grabbing a refurb 27 imac 2 weeks ago. Now its sitting in its box again waiting for the courier to pick it up. Once refund is done I'm going back happily to some nice itx i7 ivy bridge rig with gtx670 and lots of ram. All in a shoebox size case, with 27" display. Yep, few cables on the desk, yep not as georgous looking as an imac, yep back to old win7 - but then again, same money and few times the power. And not as loud as this damn fan in imac. Not as pricey for the ram upgrade and can replace whatever I need whenever I want. I guess I just dont fall under target audience of an apple product.

Pros of my decission
    -way better value for the money

Cons:
    - way worse design and OS

Anyway, farewell guys!

P.S.

Unless apple with feck us over and announce new imacs tmrw...thoug I doubt it soooo much... :)

13. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Just wishful thinking. Apple has shown complete neglect for the entire desktop line.

14. Mike Valmike macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I was holding out for this week until the reports of the laminated screen thing. That whole "leak" stinks of Apple deliberately disbursing the information while maintaining deniability. Every time -- EVERY time -- we have seen something that specific that close to a suspected release, it has turned out to be correct. To think it is an ongoing accident is unrealistic.

Looks like no iMac refresh until they solve the laminate thing, which is who the hell knows when. I'm going to wait until tomorrow to see if they spec bump the Mini, and get one if they do -- or if not, grab a new Air to tide me over. I'll be paying for portability I am not using to some degree, which I never like doing, but it maintains its resale value and that's more important.

15. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

I think the "production issues" are Apple sitting on their thumbs. If they wanted it out, it would have already been out. I seriously doubt that we will be bowed over by even the Fall imac update, but you never know. I mean the notebooks are nice and all, but come on . . .

----------

Well, they have had plenty of time to solve that and any other lingering issues. No more excuses for this or that.

16. emoore macrumors regular

Yeah because technical problems are from people sitting on their hands.