Possible ios 5 security flaw.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pmoser, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Pmoser macrumors member

I was watching a youtube video today on ios 5 he used the camera shortcut on the lock screen to go to the camera and then he went into the galery. When he he was done he pressed the home button and went straight to the home screen bypassing the lockscreen. Not sure if this works if you have a security past code. If im mistaken my bad i dont currently have my device updated yet.

Again if this information is false im sorry and take responisbility but at the current moment i can't test my theroy

2. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Already been posted...

3. jamespa66 macrumors 6502

No security flaw, if you double tap the home button it gives you the camera icon. If you tap the icon it goes straight to the camera. If you close the camera app it takes you back to the unlock screen and prompts for your pass code.

4. Pmoser thread starter macrumors member

Thank you i didnt have a device to test it on

5. phillipjfry macrumors 6502a

phillipjfry

Just to add something, if you're password is not set to immediately appear (eg. set for 1, 5, 10 minutes) then you can do what you saw in the video
    If the password is set to immediately prompt after locking, you'll get the password prompt
    so it is possible to have a lockscreen but still get the result from the video

6. sdmcwilliams macrumors member

sdmcwilliams

I have a password and what you are saying does not work with the passcode in effect. I can take a picture but cannot access the gallery. I get a page that states "Your iPhone is locked. Unlock your iPhone to see all of your photos and videos".