Possible iPhone 4S replacement

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Klcarson, Nov 8, 2012.

1. Klcarson macrumors newbie

About 3 months ago I started having problems with my iPhone 4s and charging - or NOT charging! I plug it in and it will not stay charging - without pretty constant babysitting ... Last night I plugged it in to charge and this morning it was at 18%! The battery does drain pretty fast and occasionally I will get bumped off the internet, irritating but doable, the charging issue is another story! I'm tired of spending money on chargers and I don't feel I should have to! What are the chances I can get this phone replaced - another iPhone OR something else? I mean, come on, it's not even a year old! :( thanks for any advice/insight!

2. blaake macrumors regular

if it is not a year old yet, defiantly bring it to an apple store/call apple and they will more than likely replace it. unless of course it has water damage. and by what has happening you sound like a perfect candidate for water damage...

3. Klcarson thread starter macrumors newbie

No definitely no chance of any water damage, I can proudly say it has never even been dropped! :) thanks, I will call Apple!

4. Klcarson thread starter macrumors newbie

Delicia my phone was bought online and the stores in my area won't even touch it ... not the end of the world but it does complicate troubleshooting a bit ... I'm just very frustrated and am looking into other options for when my contract is up anyway ... I have Verizon and apparently they are dropping the unlimited data (I am grandfathered in at this point) soo idk ... just very frustrated

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Take to Apple and get them to sort it.

6. Strum88 macrumors newbie

Sorry to jump on this thread, but i am basically experiencing the same issues as the original poster.

I Spilt hot chocolate on my 4S last week, it has generally been ok since, with just a couple of slight issues with playing music and charging.

Now, it is not charging at all, ive plugged it in, it starts charging for a minute and then the lightning bolt changes to the plug 3 prongs thing on the battery.

Ive check the water damage indicators, the headphone jack is red, but the charge dock at the bottom is still white.

Do you think i could get a replacement from the apple store seeing as one of the indicators is ok?

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

If there's liquid it'll be a chargeable replacement/applecare+ job.

You spilt chocolate on your phone - why should Apple replace it for free?

8. Strum88 macrumors newbie

Yes i agree, but i have read that if one of the indicators is still white, and the phone is in an otherwise good working state, which it is, i could get a replacement as it could be deemed faulty (not charging)