Possible iPhone 6s LifeProof case failure?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vertsix, Apr 5, 2016.

1. vertsix, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016

vertsix macrumors 65816

vertsix

I casually went swimming today to shoot some underwater video and the LifeProof case seemed to hold up pretty well, so I trusted it for around 45 minutes while swimming.

I took my phone diving, jumping in, etc. and it seemed to hold up nicely. However, when I opened the case to check for water or moisture inside the case, I found a minimal amount of water around the side of the inside of the case where the volume button and mute switch lie.

However, I am still unsure if this was a result of opening the case.

Is this a red flag? Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be condensation?

Phone is fine by the way, I was smart enough to check it right after the swim to prevent any damage.

Thanks for any feedback!

UPDATE: LCI is fine, and I performed the water test yet again, and it successfully passed it. This was probably an issue when I opened the case.

2. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

I'm not sure, but I don't trust those cases. They warranty the cases, but if your phone is damaged due to case malfunction, you're SOL.

No thanks.

3. vertsix thread starter macrumors 65816

vertsix

I can completely understand this.

I'm going to check the LCI in just a sec.

4. jgelin macrumors 6502a

jgelin

On my life proof cases(6/6s+) sometimes the water does get in around the plastic of the case as you’ve said; but it won’t pass the O ring that is there to be the part protecting the phone.
    Most of the time the water does get into that part, and I just dab the exterior with a paper towel and it just pulls the moisture out through the seam in the plastics. :cool:

5. vertsix thread starter macrumors 65816

vertsix

That would make sense. Thank you.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 5, 2016 ---
    Post updated with some stuff.

6. Nancy bout macrumors regular

I honestly don't trust Lifeproof-
    I get those underwater cameras they cost as much as a Lifeproof case

7. HickDead macrumors 6502a

HickDead

Crappy quality. Made in China for under a buck - sell for about $80. No wonder they hand out warranty replacements for nothing.

8. Nancy bout macrumors regular

Yeah it's overpriced- I have one for my daughter for one reason only accidental dropping in the toilet lol
    She puts her iPhone in back pocket and last Iphone fell in the sink @@ (it actually lived lol)
    But basically those reasons only she isn't to take it underwater and is aware water can and will get in.
    I don't trust it.