Possible issue with Reminders

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by jmantn, Oct 13, 2015.

1. jmantn macrumors 6502

so I've noticed this for a while now that on iOS 9 if I have a reminder and delay it once or more then mark completed it'll still show on other devices thus requiring me to mark completed on those as well.

An example is if I delay a reminder on my iPhone 6s Plus for an hour then later mark completed on my iMac that whenever I next use my iPhone or iPad I still have to mark completed on EACH of those devices as well.

This wasn't the behavior in iOS 8. Any ideas?

2. NoBoMac macrumors 6502a

Have not seen this issue specifically, but have noticed there is some delayed updating between iCloud and devices.

And the usual question: checked your iCloud settings on all your devices?

3. rasputinj macrumors regular

I have just seen some delays on the reminders.

4. jmantn thread starter macrumors 6502

5. big samm macrumors 65816

Same here sometimes i clear it on one device but still shows on my other devices, really annoying if you ask me

6. jmantn thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes it is and my iCloud settings are correct.
    I was running the betas but i also did a fresh install to the GM. So not sure what's going on.

7. philipyoungg macrumors regular

philipyoungg

I use iCloud reminder religiously, so I'm aware of this issue. 9.0.2 have syncing problem on several devices. 9.1 b5 fixed this out.

Unknown to many, iCloud reminder and calendar integrate in one sync. Syncing calendar also syncs reminder.
    Solution: enable iCloud calendar (if you haven't) and change the sync interval to: push.

Hope this solve your issue.

Tips: next time iCloud reminder didn't sync correctly, just open calendar app, chose calendars on middle, bottom, and refresh calendar. It will also sync reminder.

8. jmantn thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok I will give this a shot! And I have to say I learned something today thank you.

Ps just installed the 9.1b's so hoping that was my issue.

9. philipyoungg macrumors regular

philipyoungg

Enjoy! Reminders now sync under 6 second on all of my devices. Bliss to use now.