Possible issues with Airport Express as WiFi Bridge and Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AlphaDogg, Apr 13, 2011.

1. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Once my Xbox proprietary video port to VGA adapter arrives, I will be moving my Xbox into my room and I will set it up with my KVM switch. The only way I can get Live on the Xbox in my room is by using my Airport Express (Wireless N version) as a bridge. I have used it successfully as a wireless bridge on many of my macs, but I want to know if I will have any issues using it on my Xbox 360. People have reported issues with Airport Extremes and Xbox 360's in the past (MRoogler here), but I want to know if I will have issues with my Airport Express.

Thanks in advance,
    Alpha

2. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Will I have to set a static IP address on the Xbox, or will it set itself up with a dynamic IP without any issues?

3. AlphaDogg thread starter macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I can safely say that after about 10 hours of gaming on my Acer display (with the VGA adapter), the Airport Express works just fine as a wireless bridge. There was one time about an hour into owning the adapter, that the Airport express status light went amber and then went back to green a couple minutes later. When it turned amber, the Xbox live connection went down. When it turned green, it was reconnected.