Possible Issues with Discrete HD6750

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MUBiomed, Feb 3, 2012.

1. MUBiomed macrumors demi-god

MUBiomed

I recently purchased the great 15" refurb MBP in the signature. I noticed that I was getting some black "dots" that appear in the finder window when I click on an icon. These dots are only within the open finder window and change their location and pattern randomly. I finally localized the problem through gfxcardstatus in that it does not occur when using integrated graphics.

It seems logical that it is an issue with the discrete card but the issue does not extend to other programs (youtube videos are affected). Other programs look perfect on discrete. I wondered if anyone was familiar with these or had a suggestion or way to test the card.

2. MUBiomed thread starter macrumors demi-god

MUBiomed

Comparison screen shot switching in between integrated and discrete with gfxcardstatus

Attached Files:

3. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Ive got an early 2011 17" with the 6750m, I haven't noticed anything like this.

4. thundersteele macrumors 68030

Bring the machine to Apple and let them check it. This seems to be a problem with the dedicated GPU... might just be a driver issue, but it could also be a hardware defect.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I have the same MacBook Pro that you do and I do not have these issues. I would take it to Apple to have them look at it. Looks like bad VRAM.