Possible leopard voucher with delayed new iMac??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eldoctore, Sep 3, 2007.

1. eldoctore macrumors newbie

Hello all, custom I believe says new Macs purchased 2 weeks prior to a new OS will get a free or leastways a discount on the new software. Any ideas on the timing of this; iMacs with wireless keyboards currently listed for shipment ~24/9 to UK with anticipated delivery ~4/10. So is it order date (i.e now), dispatch date or delivery date that starts the clock ticking?
    Might just cover the first half of Oct and be in with a shout for Leopard as inclusive if delivery date is the decider - after all, warranty will start then.

2. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Apple has to officially announce Leopard's release date for the two week rule to apply. It is also likely that the release date will be October 31st, which puts you out by two weeks.

If you're not in a mad rush for your new machine, I'd advise you to cancel your order and wait until Apple announces Leopard before you re-order.

3. G4DP macrumors 65816

What custom is this?

I have not heard of this custom. You get what is out know, not what is coming out in 4 - 6 weeks. Apple don't have to do anything, that's like saying that they should upgrade your order for the iMac because a new model has been announced for future release.

I don't mean to sound as rude as this does but people need to realise Apple is a business. This free upgrade thing is a myth. It is upto the individual companies to do so if they wish. Why should they do it?

4. MK2007 macrumors regular

The delivery date, not the order date, is what decides whether or not you receive a free upgrade to Leopard. Call Apple Support within the appropriate timeframe and you'll get the new version at no charge. Expect the release of Leopard in the second half of October.

5. eldoctore thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi all
    Thanks for replies. Fully appreciate Apple not a charity and had made my decision re iMAC anyhow..
    Question posed in light of past behaviour/delayed delivery time. Apple might well take the view that you get what you pay for at the time you buy it, no probs. Could cancel/order with conventional key board but will leave it to fate to decide:)

6. imacfreak macrumors member

imacfreak

I dont understand all the hoopla about waiting until Leopard comes out. Assuming it will come out in the last week of October, thats a whole 2 months from now. Its not like you're saving hundreds of dollars by waiting. OS X is only $129 for most people, and only $69 for students. Why wait and not have your new computer for 2 months just to save $130? It sounds silly to me.

7. eldoctore thread starter macrumors newbie

Quite agree, but need the wireless keyboard where I plan to use iMac. Hence leaving order as is and will leave any discount to chance.