Possible loose part inside my MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by broadcast, May 26, 2010.

1. broadcast macrumors member

I have a 15" macbook pro, and when I rest my left hand to type, I can hear a clicking/tapping sound from inside that area. I turned my laptop over and gave it a slight tap on the back, and I can hear that clicking/tapping sound. I'm thinking there may be a loose part inside.

Should I take it in to get it looked at? And do most Apple stores look at it for free/fix it for free?

2. PsychOfMSE macrumors member

I'd say your hard drive is failing.

Backup your data immediately and bring it in to the apple store.

3. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

4. ChrisRC macrumors newbie

My 15 MBP's had a similar sound since purchased (~ 6 months ago). I don't think it's a failing HD. I'd be curious to hear what Apple says if/when you take in it.

5. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I'm going to give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully it's not a failing hard drive cause I don't have an external to back it up on lol

6. ChrisRC macrumors newbie

7. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

Good to hear it's not the hard drive. Hmm, it looks like the only way to fix it is opening it up and putting rubber in lol

8. broadcast thread starter macrumors member

Hmm, after reading that thread more carefully, it seems like those sounds are coming from the right hand side. Mine is coming from the left...

I don't have school or work tomorrow, so I might as well drop by the Apple Store and have them take a look at it. Does anyone know if they charge for doing that?

9. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

this is normal, mine along with many others have this "issue" just use ur mbp and have fun with it! if anything goes wrong, then apple care will take care of it :)