Possible Mac mini update January, February, or March?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by n459umb4786ers, Nov 5, 2009.

1. n459umb4786ers macrumors regular

Do you think there might be an update to the Mac mini some time in January, February, or March? Or is it too early for Apple to update the Mac mini again? And do you consider it to be an "update" Apple did on October to the Mac mini?

2. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

It was an update. I would say that there will not be an update until May at least.

3. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

Well I don't think it was really an update. They basically just made the higher end Mac mini $599 so it's not like they put anything new in it. Not including the Mac mini Server.

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

Significantly better processor and double the memory. That is pretty much all that you can expect in an update for the mini. You of course have the choice to wait it out, but I think that it will be a pretty long wait.

5. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

6. zedsdead macrumors 68040

The Mac Mini was just updated. It is overdue for a case redesign, but will not likely happen until mid-2010 at the earliest.

7. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

Wouldn't hurt to wait another year for a possible redesign.

8. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

9. Thrilledge macrumors regular

It was just updated a couple weeks ago. Its hard to see much more of an update to it anytime soon.

10. Hurd111 macrumors member

I would buy one before they remove features and try to go more "mini" with the case design. ;)

11. jb1280 macrumors 6502a

on a case redesign, what makes anybody think that this might actually happen?

I imagine if it was going to happen, it would have been when they added mini displayport and firewire 800 last March.

Sure they have kept the design essentially the same since its introduction, but they have also kept the design of the professional tower the same since 2003.

I guess they could replace the white plastic with black, but peripherals are still white, as is the Macbook, so it's really not an outlier.

12. n459umb4786ers thread starter macrumors regular

That does seems possible...

I guess so. I could wait until March at least since that's when Apple updated the mini last time. It would be nice if Apple adds some black to some of their products though. White is getting quite boring now and the MacBook looked a lot nicer in black and so did the back of the previous iMac. Don't you think so?

13. Hurd111 macrumors member

I don't think a case redesign is necessary at all, even for a few more years. How small do you honestly want your desktop computer? I think the current case design is perfect. :)

I can imagine a new design looking like a thicker apple tv with a removable bottom. Or possibly just thinner aluminum and a different top color/material.

14. jmonfire macrumors member

No

I've actually read an article of this. I don't have link but basically what they said was there probably wouldn't be a update especially for mac mini for a very long time. Reason being is that Apple specifically pointed out that mac mini was actually designed for business and work not for entertainment and as such they would not feel it needs upgrade for some time