Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PlagueX1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Okay, well I recently got a Macbook Pro around August 23rd. For the past few days I was having the common battery problem, that it wouldn't charge. It would say "Battery is full", or "Battery is not charging"(obviously). So after messing with it for awhile I'd get it to charge. I thought this couldn't be a problem with the battery, since I messed with it and got it charging every time. I tried numerous different combinations, such as unplugging it and plugging it back in and restarting and so on.

So after looking at the time remaining window, and seeing it saying calculating I thought about something. Perhaps when I unplug it it still thinks its a full charge and the PMU keeps thinking its full. I tried unplugging it and letting it find how much time was remaining on the battery. I then turned it off and restarted it, with it unplugged still. When I was fully logged on I replugged it back in and lo and behold it started charging.

So I'm wondering if I perhaps found a fix for the charging issue. Anyone else know if this could be a fix?

**crap, whoops posted this on the wrong subforum. My bad.**

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.