Possible Macbook upgrades due this April

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MattMK45, Apr 10, 2010.

1. MattMK45 macrumors regular

So we all know that the macbook pros are being updated, most probably just performance bumps inside than a new design. But the polycarbonate macbook will most probably be also getting an upgrade inside.
    Here is some of my predictions, feel free to leave yours below:

intel i3 proccessor (I think they will stick with i3s, maybe i5s, but they will probably be put in the macbook pros)

Nvidia 3300m graphics card - 1gb of memory and up to 4x faster than the 9400m

Expandable memory up to 8gb

2. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

:O man,I hope so,that would be an amazingly powerful system.What would be the difference between a Core 2 Duo and i3 though? If it's a a decent performance boost i will for sure sell mine,not to mention that graphics card would be amazing.
    And I hope they make 4GB of DDR3 ram stock in the entire MB/MBP line.That would be awesome.:)
    :apple: for ever!!!

3. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

For those specs oh man that's so mouth watering!

I hope it'll still be $999 for the Unibody MacBook!

I'll be able to keep my iMac! haha

4. macgeek18 macrumors 68000

macgeek18

Yes,I see we have the same MB,how you like yours?

5. lyons238 macrumors 6502

i doubt there upgrading the macbooks, they were just recently revised. i think there just doing the pros. plus if they did add those specs at this time, i doubt they would still be 999.

6. malcolm233391 macrumors member

7. .summerfree macrumors newbie

.summerfree

Despite it being too early for a refresh, here's what I reckon the next refresh might look like. Gonna be realistic here.

Core i3 350M 2.13GHz
    It might have a slower clock than the 2.26GHz C2D, but the nehalem architecture (w/hyperthreading) will make up for it. Remember the nehalem Mac Pro refresh (2.8GHz base model became 2.66GHz)?

2GB of DDR3
    Wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at 2GB, although 4GB stock would be nice. I kinda doubt the 8GB max though.

250GB HDD
    Again, wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at 250GB. I personally would like to see an SSD option, actually.

Nvidia Geforce 305M or 310M (w/ Optimus?)
    The entry/mainstream 305 and 310 seem more realistic. The 330 will more likely be seen in the Pro lineup, imo. I can't recall if there were rumours of Apple implementing Optimus or a similar graphics switching solution in their laptops. I wouldn't be surprised if the Macbook gets a really simplified version of whatever solution that is.

TL;DR - Core i3 2.13GHz, 2GB DDR3, 250GB, Geforce 305M