Possible Macbookpro update

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ladd3r, Jun 18, 2010.

  1. ladd3r macrumors newbie

    Jun 18, 2010
    hi guys!
    i am a newbie 360°: about the forum and the apple world.
    i am willing to make the big leap and switch from windows to apple, macbookpro i7 is my target. i can see that from long time the unibody and some other majors in the package did not change that much.
    ok, they just upgraded the processors, but i fear that some update might be done soon. since i am writing from far, far italy, was wondering: maybe guys overseas, closer to cupertino, might have some hints! :)

    my old 2002 asus p4 512 mb ram is about to exhale. since the investement on the macbookpro wouldn't be so cheap, any tips about a possible close new release would be much appreciated.

    thank u all in advance!
  2. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

    Apple Ink

    Mar 7, 2008
    The notebooks have all seen very recent updates will see some agin near the year end or even next year..
    As far as the designing is concerned.. Unibody is here to stay! For a long time..

    P.S.: I do so love your signature.. Ty
  3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere


    May 16, 2008
    Searching the forum with MRoogle will reveal dozens of threads where this is discussed. The consensus is that Apple will not update the MBP again so soon after it already released an update.
  4. djasterix macrumors 6502a


    Apr 10, 2010
    Paradise City
    I don't see mayor changes on MBP design for at least a couple of years, next update (processor + GPU) maybe on jan or feb 2011...

    arrivederci e ci vediamo!
  5. alexandero macrumors regular

    Apr 19, 2004
    The next MacbookPro will most likely be announced between November 2010 and January 2011. While there aren't any rumors regarding the next revision of the MBP, you can expect a combination of the following changes (but not all):

    - new Intel CPU microarchitecture codename "Sandy Bridge"
    - battery improvements
    - reduced overall weight
    - USB3
    - cheaper SSD drives
    - maybe the exclusion of an optical drive in the 13" and 15" (see notes below)
    - possibly a slight increase in display resolution
    - iLife'11 and iWork'11
    - probably no OSX 10.7 until summer 2011
    - increased price in Euro caused by the recent devaluation of the Euro

    * as for the optical drive: if Apple decides to skip BluRay and focuses on improvements in the iTunes Store download/streaming services, and also if Apple decides to EOL the MacBookAir and merge the feature set of the lower end MBPs and the MBA, this might be a possibility. Maybe not with the jan2011 upgrade, but probably before the end of 2011.

    I'm sure I've missed something noteworthy, but to summarize: unless you can wait until march 2011 for delivery you might want to buy a current MBP even if the recent upgrade hasn't been very impressive.
  6. bli625 macrumors 6502a


    Mar 8, 2009
  7. alust2013 macrumors 601


    Feb 6, 2010
    On the fence
    Go ahead and buy now. It was updated less than two months ago, they won't do another update until November at the earliest, and it probably will be even a bit later. Even at that, it likely won't be a major change, so there is no reason to wait.
  8. ladd3r thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 18, 2010
    Thank you all guys! Your answers have been useful and much appreciated!

    Apple Ink, if u love my signature u'd love Rome even more! ;) U have to drop by soon
  9. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

    Apple Ink

    Mar 7, 2008
    Certainly.. I've even started learning Italian!!
    But do I get some discounts?? ;)
  10. ladd3r thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jun 18, 2010
    Well done! You'll surely get some! ;)

Share This Page