possible major bluetooth bug in iOS 9

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by dom_a2345, Sep 14, 2015.

1. dom_a2345 macrumors newbie

dom_a2345

I received this email to our business regarding iOS 9 and bluetooth compatibility. Although it is related to izettle card machines, i dare say other things will also have an issue when trying to connect via bluetooth. could this be the reason for iOS 9.1 being released already for beta testers?

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: 14 September 2015 at 14:00
    Subject: Don't update to iOS 9.0.
    To:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Don't update to iOS 9.0.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Hi Dominic,

On September 16th, Apple will release a new version of iPhone and iPad software, called iOS 9.0. We've tested it, and there's a problem in it. You should not update to iOS 9.0.

The problem causes Bluetooth to switch off when you try to pair the Card Reader Pro or Pro Contactless. The reader can't pair, and therefore you can't take card payments.

Apple have acknowledged the problem, and it will be fixed in an update to iOS 9.0. We'll get in touch again when it's available. iOS updates don't install automatically, only when you approve them.

If you have any questions, please take a look at our detailed article on our Support Pages, What to do about the Bluetooth problem in iOS 9.0.

Thanks,

– The iZettle team
    [​IMG]

2. Yun0 Suspended

Yun0

9.1 is in beta already cause apple has joined the "rapid release" trend last year, that a lot of software seem to be doing now a days

great avatar too..

3. dom_a2345 thread starter macrumors newbie

dom_a2345

yes but there wasn't really any definitive release notes and so quickly after 9 GM?

4. dom_a2345 thread starter macrumors newbie

dom_a2345

i would also agree it is a the thing to do right now but not because it is a trend or trendy, it just seems a lot of dev teams seem to be moving to agile rather than itil

5. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

If you want to update, 9.1 beta is available via public beta release. You only need to get the profile from beta.apple.com to get the software. It might have the fix you're looking for. Waiting is an option too but I have a difficult time with that.

6. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

iOS 9.1 probably won't be released until November because it's for the new iPad Pro und Apple Pencil. But you can surely expect 9.0.1 in the nearest future.

7. dom_a2345 thread starter macrumors newbie

dom_a2345

It's fine I just wont upgrade our iPad pos system until I get a notification from izettle as i wont be able to take card payments. I don't really mind not upgrading and it is not really the point of the post.

I was making others aware that there maybe an issue with the bluetooth in ios 9 that it wont connect to certain devices. I haven't seen anything around this listed as a problem. Of course it could be unique to izettle card machines.

I have already upgraded my personal idevice to 9.1 and my paypal card machine seems to work but I am not putting our businesses till system on a beta release, so will just wait.