Possible MB updates at WWDC?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mcewen98, May 21, 2007.

1. mcewen98 macrumors newbie

Is anybody holding off on buying a MB because they are worried about there being further updates at WWDC next month? I am naively hopeful there would be.. I know it's unlikely, but then I keep thinking about how meager the recent update was. I get the feeling that Apple is trying to put some distance performance-wise between the MB and the MBP.

Thanks

2. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

3. chriscorbin macrumors 6502

chriscorbin

Yeah not gonna happen. apple really needs to update the macbook pro in order to keep or gain pro-level users. right now there is almost no difference in the CPU between the MB and the MBP. hopefully they will update the MBP before WWDC, because the day after i go on vacation and i need a laptop to dump pictures to, and if the MBP is not upgraded by then i'll just buy a PC laptop, the consumers should not have to wait for apple. apple gets like 70% of sales from creative pros any way!!:mad: :mad:

4. jellz macrumors regular

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

6. kajitox macrumors 6502a

kajitox

Agreed.

7. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I think that WWDC is going to be Leopard and iPhone heavy. These are the two biggest products for Apple this year (esspecially the iPhone). It only makes sense that they devote their attention towards these products. I think the macbook updates on May 15th were the subtle way of Apple telling customers that there won't be an update to the mb line until about November.

8. iW00t macrumors 68040

iW00t

Why would Apple update the same thing twice in a month?

9. Jookbox macrumors 6502

10. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

No, he was hoping for macbook updates that would surpass what was updated last Tuesday, by WWDC.

11. tschoftner macrumors member

tschoftner

Can't see this happening. If you check the "Buyer's Guide" it will tell you that there are approx. at least 6 months between updates.
    IMO WWDC will mainly be about Leopard, iPhone and maybe one or two other things like the announcement of the iMac (with re-design?).

12. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Agreed, don't hold off for a Macbook update within the month because it wont happen.