Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChazDaSpaz

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Hi everyone, my iPhone has recently been annoying me quite a lot, (it's a 2G iPhone). For some reason my iPhone goes into some state where I cannot connect to the internet via EDGE, I can't send/receive texts and I can't receive phonecalls or ring people. It's as though the network has totally died, I'm on O2 and my friend who also has an iPhone 2G says this has never happened to him. Even when we're next to each other his phone will be fine and my phone is going crazy. Oh and a hard reset does not resolve this issue, what could be wrong?

nickhutson

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2009
Are you getting the NO SERVICE message in the top left - where there's usually the O2 signal bar?

When I got my first iPhone - I had that for 12 hours (it would fluctuate between no service and service). I took the phone to the Carphone Warhouse where I bought it, and they exchanged it for a new one. So, I'd guess you do that. However, I'd probably reccomend going to an APPLE STORE and booking a Genius Bar appointment. I was lucky at Carphone to get the manager... some people in that shop really don't know much about technical repairs of Apple products like the Apple crew does.

The 2nd phone I got works beautifully.

Good luck.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.