Possible new iPhone 5 case

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by msracing65, Sep 21, 2011.

1. msracing65 macrumors newbie

2. gibbz macrumors 68030

Interesting. It seems to fit the mold of the rumored body style.

3. charliecc macrumors regular

Probably to run a chord through so you can loop it round your neck, I hear it's all the rage in Japan.

4. kre62 macrumors 68000

Like a C Major?

5. mwhities macrumors 6502a

I was thinking Minor....

6. Carl G35c macrumors 6502

hello kitty charms

7. soco macrumors 68030

soco

That's ridiculous. Come on! If Apple is the Apple we know and love, it'll be Ebdim7 to a Dmadd9.

Duh.

8. msracing65 thread starter macrumors newbie

Makes sense. The indention in that area would allow room for the cord.

9. ct2k7 macrumors 603

ct2k7

LOL:

Perfect for your iPhone 5 no? Well, true. Indeed at the time of this writing (August 29, 2011) the iPhone 5 isn't available. It won't be here for several months we're told.

But that's not the point. The point is, that these cases tell us something about the soon to change our lives as we know it iPhone 5. TANGENT ---> In fact, the iPhone 5 will be like a personal battery operated Mjölnir making us all Thors. Well I guess that would be true if you could use a mythical sledgehammer to make and receive calls. And also install apps on your mythical sledgehammer. But you know what I mean.

The Signs
    First, based on the dimensions of this case, we surmise, the iPhone 5 will be much thinner. How thin? This thin.

iPhone 5: Oh you must be the Fatsung Galaxy. You have more chins than a Chinese phonebook!
    Samsung Galaxy: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh!

Second, the iPhone 5 will be much wider. How wide? This wide.

Stanley Kubrick: I'm thinking of making a movie with Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman.
    Studio Exec: Oh great, husband and wife movie, I can see it now. Got a tentative title?
    Stanley Kubrick: Yeah, it's gonna be called Eyes iPhone 5 Shut.
    Studio Exec: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhhh!
    All kidding aside, from the case dimensions, the implications are that the iPhone 5 will be around 5mm in depth versus the iPhone 4's current 9.3mm depth. And while the iPhone 5 has long been rumored to have a 4 inch screen versus the current 3.5 inch iPhone 4 screen, the new case width of 70 mm vs 58.66 mm (iPhone 4) would suggest that the iPhone 5 will indeed offer bigger screen real estate.

Made of high quality TPU material, never be out of shape.
    The soft TPU case gives us exceptional non-slip grip and touch feeling.
    Elastic, flexible, tear resist, durable for long time use.
    Feels soft and comfortable while touch on it.
    iPhone 5 TPU Case specifically designed to shelter your iPhone from dust, shock, scratches and bumps!
    The installation process is quick, simple, and no phone disassembly is required.
    100% perfect fit.

10. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Yeah i really LOL'd at that.

All these case manufacturers are so confident that this will be the iPhone 5's design, and it's the only thing giving us hope. Here's hoping that they are right.

11. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick