Possible Next Gen iPhone Release Date

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NacSquared, Jul 14, 2011.

1. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

I actually happened to go up to the AT&T store today just to check out when my next upgrade is, just to make sure I have one saved for the next iPhone. Well, the guy told me my next upgrade was in November and jokingly I said " Hopefully the iPhone comes out around then or they push up the upgrades like last time.. " Well, he then says " Oh, we've been told that it's going to be released September 6th ". The worker next to him said the same thing & sounded very sure of it. Then another worker started talking with us & he too said that's what he's heard. I asked if it was official and they said no but they're pretty sure from what they've been informed. I asked when it would be announced & they said very soon or around a month before the release. I'm siked.

Edit: I'm not saying they're completely right about all of this, I'm just letting you guys know what they said.

2. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

You've posted the exact same thing in another thread. Please do not create duplicate threads.

3. NacSquared thread starter macrumors regular

NacSquared

I actually posted a response to another persons thread, then realized it was worthy of it's own thread.

I'm sorry for trying to help one man by answering his question & spreading the news to many.

4. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

AT&T people dont know any better than you and me. I'll believe it when I see it.

5. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

This is not news, it's speculation.

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Also we have a 100+ Iphone 5 threads of which nobody knows when, why how what or where. I realize this is a rumor site. but there is no news that can be covered in another thread that hasn't already been done!

7. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

Do yourself a favor and never believe anything a phone store employee tells you, especially about unreleased Apple products.

8. shelbymayer macrumors regular

they were full of s***! I work at an AT&T store and we get ZERO advance information about iphone launches! We find out when the world finds out!

9. flipster macrumors 6502a

My aunt is a manager for Verizon, and she knows just as much about future cell phone release dates as a brick wall does. Just to put that into perspective for you

10. JPS macrumors regular

11. NacSquared thread starter macrumors regular

NacSquared

My apologies, " siked " is slang spelling used a lot around here.

12. NacSquared thread starter macrumors regular

NacSquared

Also, to everyone.

I realize this isn't official, I never said it was. Nor was I saying it's what I believe. I simply wanted to share what the AT&T people told me because it surprised me that they ' thought ' or ' knew ' the release date.

13. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

Considering no "event" has been announced yet, I would speculate that Steve himself might not even know the exact release date of the next gen iPhone. Either way, I don't know, you don't know, and ATT store reps don't know.

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I believe you that they said it. But that doesn't mean anything. Before every launch we have a ton of threads saying how a AT&T/Verizon/Sprint/Best Buy/Apple Store employee or something else said the product will be released on a certain date, and what we have established is that retail employees know nothing about launches until they happen.

15. xavierpunkreno macrumors 6502

Is the OP really getting attacked for posting a rumor on a forum called MacRumors? The hell's even the point of posting anymore?

16. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

No, we are just pointing out that this rumor like the many other similar rumors that come around every time is not true. And if the iPhone happens to come out on that date then it is just dumb luck as we've seen that people at retail stores don't know any more than we do about product releases.

17. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

Sad that there's almost an entire page of attacks. Lot of people should just stay away from the forums if that's all they're going to contribute.

18. iEnvy macrumors 65816

iEnvy

Leave the OP alone, he was only posting a speculation, hell in the end he could be right. Besides, the website IS macrumors.

19. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I like reading the FAQs/Rules

How do I start a new thread?
    To start a new thread:

Browse or search the forums to see if there is already a thread on the topic. If so, post there instead of creating a new thread.

YW

Fixed it for ya ;)