Possible price drop on the new MacBook Pro 13" Retina?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sylvanshine, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Sylvanshine macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm getting a rMBP 13". So I was wondering if there will be a price drop on the Early 2015 model this April or May? Or am I being too wishful-thinking? LOL

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is far more likely. Why on earth would you think they would drop the price on a newly-released model?

3. Sylvanshine thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I'm just curious 'coz I'm getting a rMBP this May.

4. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

I highly doubt that they will lower the price on a 3 month old model.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

Although Apple won't, by then some of the third party resellers might. Microcenter stores and MacMall.com are two I know of that often sell new models at a discount after they have been out for several months. Macmall usually has discounts on almost every model and you can sometimes get a discount on custom configurations. Although it is usually a smaller discount.

The only time Apple does any sort of discount is for education sales, including their summer education sale. Although the summer one is usually some sort of credit.

6. macguy90 macrumors member

macguy90

Apple definitely won't be cutting the price of their just-released Early 2015 MBP 13 anytime soon, and probably not until next year if that. However- in May you could very possibly find 3rd party resellers that could offer discounts. Keep your eyes open on sites like MacMall, they often have great deals.

7. Phyco126 macrumors member

Or you can see if there are any refurbished units that hit Apple's store. Always good deals to be had there, better quality control, same warranty, lower price. Usually takes three or so months for the units to start hitting the refurb store and in limited quantities, but still good deals to be had.