possible proof of avail. for macbooks?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jas210, Oct 11, 2008.

1. jas210 macrumors newbie

while searching the google news links regarding the big day (oct. 14th) ...i found one from the wash-post stating NOT to buy a mac laptop..
    http://voices.washingtonpost.com/fasterforward/2008/10/dont_buy_a_mac_laptop.html

towards the end of the article..the author states that the employees would be given the go ahead to open boxes that were marked do not open...does this prove that avail. of the laptops would be the 14th???

2. rychencop macrumors 65816

rychencop

dude...it's pretty obvious that apple will announce new laptops on the 14th since they have already announced the event. geeze!

3. Me1000 macrumors 68000

Me1000

true, but announce does not mean released...
    However at this point I don't see why Apple couldn't release them tuesday.
    I mean God knows they haven't RUSHED them out or anything :p
    The wireless chips should be the same as they are now, so they don't need FCC approval or anything.

I hope to have my current MBP sold, and my new MBP ordered tuesday! :D:D

4. Marcquito macrumors member

Marcquito

Isn't the OP's question about the availability of the laptops during the day of release? That is a question most of us wonder- rather than waiting another two weeks for the macs to arrive in-store.

I hope they get their inventory the day of so I can head down and pick it up. :cool:

5. Macbook noob macrumors newbie

I second that motion :)

6. jas210 thread starter macrumors newbie

...ok..

To this first reponse...i know they are going to be released...but we dont know THE ACTUAL DATE they will be for sale..i was just posting something i found that caught my attention... geeze...!

7. aleksandra. macrumors 6502a

Doesn't the article merely presume that they're in legendary brown boxes in Apple Stores right now? It's just someone reporting there being an event and speculating.

8. Logos327 macrumors 6502

Exactly

9. jTreu macrumors 6502

I think the even invitation pretty much removes any doubt that we're getting new laptops tuesday...