Possible release dates for the refresh of the MBP/MBPr?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatGuy007, Jul 17, 2013.

1. FatGuy007 macrumors 6502

I just sold my Mac, so now I concluded to myself that MBPr is better than the Air for my reasons (was really close to buying MBA, but I had a fight with myself, don't know if I should rethink or not). So anyway, I just have my old iMac for use, I don't really want to wait until after October. So if it is most likely releasing during late fall or after fall, I might as well just get the Air.
    Do you also think that the MBP/r 13in will have 16gb ram?

2. thundersteele macrumors 68030

The general expectation right now is that if nothing happens on July 23/24, then it will be October.

3. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Since they also release the Mac Pro and iPhone 5S on September, wouldn't the Haswell MBP be refreshed at September, too?

4. HFX macrumors newbie

This.

There will be a quarterly conference call for Apple on the 23rd which has, in the past, been known for some silent updates to the MBP line. If nothing gets released then then the general consensus will be with the release of the new Mac Pro & OS Mavericks sometime in October.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Release it after the earnings call so as not to anger the SEC or perhaps investors

6. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

What happened with your rMBP dead screen? Did you sell it in Marbella? :D

7. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yup, the Apple Store was amazing there. They didn't replace the display, but just gave me a laptop (Edit: A new one). So i just listed it as a new laptop with the charger for 100$ less then the price. I really dislike a 15in laptop (my first time I had one), even though it was a wonderful computer, the size ruined it for me.

8. sofianito macrumors 65816

sofianito

[​IMG] :D

9. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

10. redsoxaa macrumors member

To answer your other question; the 16gb ram option may be a bit too much to hope for at this stage in the game.

11. FatGuy007 thread starter macrumors 6502

But now, there is only 1 option of ram (8 gigs), so i figure they're going to use the space under the trackpad (where they were going to put the fusion drive) to store more stuff and ram?

12. CaliKnockOut macrumors newbie

I reckon it'll be before kids go back to school, well that's what most likely will happen. I'm ready to buy the new macbook pro I've already set 2,5k aside for it.

13. scbond macrumors 6502

OP, you're asking people who aren't experts to speculate on something they do not know. We all know as much as you do about a possible release period.