possible repair permissions problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by morethanblood, Apr 16, 2008.

1. morethanblood macrumors member

whenever i try to do a repair permissions for the hard drive on my MBP it appears to stop making progress and says "less than a minute remaining." has anyone else had this experience or know what i could do to correct this?

2. mox123 macrumors 6502

Mine hangs for at least 2-3 minutes on the "less than a minute" mark...then it would shoot back up to "10 minutes remaining" or something....eventually the whole process would take 15 minutes or so....

but then no matter what i do, i'd always get

ACL not found in library
    ACL not found in "something else" (which i forgot what it was)

3. AVR2 macrumors 6502

FWIW, I'm having the same issue on a 2.16 MBP 17" with 10.5.2.

I don't know if it's relevant, but the Mount Point for my system HD in Disk Utility is given as some weird-looking character, not as a proper path.

And for some insane reason, when I try and do a Repair Permissions or even just a Verify Disk, the CPU fan starts spinning up! :confused:

4. natemonster macrumors member

natemonster

i did a repair that said it would take less than and minute and it took about five and i can't even post it because the maximum post length is 1000000 characters and this is 132220. just to show you how ridiculously long it is. and i did one two weeks ago. it was repairing my fonts, even my finder actions like "Duplicate". what's up with that?

5. decal macrumors member

decal

Having the same issue, it has been doing this since 10.5.1. Every time I do a permissions repair it says about 1 min, have never timed how long it actually takes but it quiet a while.