Possible replacement issues...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tvp, Apr 13, 2009.

1. tvp macrumors member

Hi All!

I have a question about an issue that might come up with the replacement of my iPhone. I have a white 3g that is being sent to Apple because of stress cracks near the silent switch, the power connector and the headphone jack. I'm waiting for the box to come from Apple and they are sending me a temporary replacement phone while they take a look at my current one. There's no water damage from what I could find when I inspected it before even calling them, but today I was leaving the house and dropped it on my cement stairs. The only damage on the phone is on a corner completely away from any of the stress cracks. Everything is still functioning fine and the screen thankfully wasn't hit. It almost looks like little teeth marks from a dog or something on the corner. I'm wondering if this damage is going to effect the hopeful replacement due to stress fractures, or if that will void everything. Has anyone had any experience with this? I don't want to bother sending the phone in only to find out the Apple Care is totally voided anyways.

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. davelanger macrumors 6502a

Probably not since the stress cracks are a known issue. You can always play dumb and pretend the other crack happened when you mailed it out. Play it off like it was never there when you sent it They will probably just give you a new shell, so those cracks wont even matter.