Possible Return? Maybe Not :/

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nintendolinky, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hi, just a quick question. I bought my Macbook on the 1st December last year from the Apple Online Store in the UK.

Over the past few days I've had weird graphical lines appear on the screen, very intermittently, sometimes doesn't happen all day, sometimes happens loads during one day.

if i was going to take the computer into the apple store, i wouldn't want them to just replace the parts, is it possible they would replace it with a new macbook?

2. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

huh?

It depends on what is broken.

Usually they will replace the parts 2-3 times before replacing the entire thing.

3. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

I don't want replacement parts in a 3 month old computer though, if you see where I'm coming from.

Would it be managers discretion?

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Okay...?

Yes, it's the manager's discretion.

5. Boyd01 macrumors 68040

Boyd01

I see where you're coming from, but the reality is that you have a used computer. It would be nice if they replace it with a new computer, but I don't think you're "entitled" to one (unless there's some consumer law in your country to the contrary).

6. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

The manager of the store makes the choice not the buyer. They will open it up and make repairs. Only if it can not be repaired, which is doubtful, they will replace.