Possible slide home button on iPhone5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phliplip, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Phliplip macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

If the rumored wide homebutton sticks, do you then think that it could be a touch/slide button? No moving parts..

For instance touch to activate, and/or touch/slide button to unlock?

Essentially the current iPhones require double action to unlock, not very apple like.

Could also support kind of gestures; left slide, right slide..

Well, we just have to wait and see :)

Best regards,
    Philip Espersen
    philip@thedeejay.dk
    Denmark

2. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

I was wondering what the rumored home button would do too. I hope it DOESN'T do the multitasking idea people have talked about. It just wouldn't be helpful enough.

I want something like the OP mentioned, something that will help me unlock the phone faster, ect. Or even better, it could be a capacitive button...

Having a lot of Android phones has showed me how much the physical button on the iPhone messes up the experience. On Android, all navigation is done with a slight touch. Back, home, on screen menus, ect. It feels smooth and consistent. But on the iPhone, you're tapping away, and all of the sudden you have to click something. Like, really click something. It feels annoying and it's not a consistent fluid experience.

3. imahawki macrumors 6502a

I'm hoping it works just like it does now but is slideable. It will be even faster than it already is to click and slide in the same area vs. moving a thumb up into the screen. I don't consider the current method a problem but it would be better. Then they can use its slideability to allow you to scroll through multiple docks for favorite apps and integrate it into other aspects I probably can't even envision.

4. Phliplip thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; da-dk) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Slide left right to navigate browser history?

5. Jamo12 macrumors regular

Jamo12

Maybe a preference to make it so you don't have to click it in? Either way, I do not think that they will get rid of it as a physical button.

My 2¢