Possible Solution - AE Firmware 7.4.1

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mihirkamat, May 13, 2009.

1. mihirkamat macrumors newbie

mihirkamat

OK, so I've been having a ton of problems with 7.4.1 - after much testing, the major one appears to be loss of the beacon after sleep in 802.11n only mode. Because of this I had downgraded back to 7.3.2 (and once again returned to perfect functionality).

I figured I'd give this another try after 10.5.7 - after all, my fiancee's HP laptop has no problem finding the network. Installed 10.5.7, and updated to firmware 7.4.1. Still had the same problem - worked perfectly until I slept my macbook. Then, couldn't find the network.

After that, I did a hard reset and factory default on the AEBS. Also rebooted my macbook. Went through the AEBS setup again and voila! - now finds the network after waking from sleep.

I think there's some sort of weird conflict or variable that doesn't get set properly after the firmware update that the hard reset to factory defaults fixes. I'll try it for the next few days and see if it fixes the problem permanently.

2. bohbot16 macrumors 6502a

bohbot16

I tried this and my AEBS had hugely varying speed when connected to my AX. Left the AX at 7.4.1, but downgraded the AEBS to 7.3.2 and things are working well again.

Are you seeing any issues with 7.4.1?

3. chrisandersen macrumors 6502

chrisandersen

How do you do a 'hard" reset. Have a 1 TB TC. Thanks

4. mihirkamat thread starter macrumors newbie

mihirkamat

Aebs/7.4.1

@Bohbot16 - My fiancee has an AX, and the firmware worked there from the getgo - I think it's just finicky with the AEBS. I've never had issues with data rates or lost networks at her place after the upgrade.

@chrisandersen - The hard reset button is on the back left of the AEBS (next to the Kensington lock slot). Hold it down for ~ 10 seconds and the LED on the front will rapidly flash orange. Let go and you should be good to go.