Possible SPAM, help!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by appygirl82, Sep 25, 2016.

1. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I am very sorry if this isn't in the right spot. Saw this in my email this morning. I'm only worried because I've sold a couple iPhones in the last few months (upgraded). It looks suspicious. Can anyone help and tell me if this looks legit? I don't see this "subscription" when I look at my Apple account. I also didn't find this charge on my bank account...

Attached Files:

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

4. yoGiRLDaniE macrumors newbie

yoGiRLDaniE

This is a phishing attempt all iTunes invoices order id starts with an M. This one starts with an I. Also, Apple will never send an invoice for something that has not gone through as an actual charge so if you do not see an actual charge to match that's is a tell-tell sign. Also on this invoice you notice there is no billing information. All invoices have information pertaining to the card or gift card that was charged.

Please forward to reportphishing@apple.com you can then delete and disregard.

PS: take a look at reportaproblem.apple.com you will see your purchases here you can always double check here as well as the purchase history in iTunes.

Hope this helps.

5. appygirl82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

Thank you everyone! Because I've been getting some weird things happening on my email and also this email, I went ahead and changed my email passwords and also my Apple password.

Along with changing my Apple ID password I also changed my Apple ID to my current email that I use (gmail instead of my old hotmail). Now there is a message that pops up on my Macbook saying with my old hotmail address (the one I sed for my Apple ID prior) and wants a password. Neither my old or new password work. Says there is a "problem with email".

I can sign into iCloud just fine from iCloud.com. How can I fix this?