Possible that Aperture 4 will intro on 10/23

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bampei, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Bampei macrumors member

Bampei

There has been a book being promoted for pre-order on multiple bookstore sites called "Aperture 4, Unleashing Your Workflow", by John Lewell.

Originally set for release in July, many sites later stated the book would be delayed until October. Well... here we are in October, and we are still on Aperture 3.3.

With those parameters, I believe there is a strong possibility that Apple will announce their upgrade to version 4 alongside their hardware updates at their big event on the 23rd. Makes sense.

This is especially true considering that Lightroom 4 has taken a big chunk of Aperture 3 users away due to better noise reduction, and lens corrections. Apple can't want to fall any further behind, and this carries through to a loss of revenue for their photo book printing business as well.

This is all speculation, but this IS a rumor site, and I think there are good indications that the update could be forthcoming shortly...as in next week!

2. Boich macrumors newbie

Count me as one of those who gave up waiting - shifted my whole workflow into Lightroom 4. There are pros and cons with each and Aperture 3 is still fine for most people but Aperture 4 would need to be really special (and released soon) to make me switch back.

3. cwangard macrumors newbie

The book Aperture 4: Unleashing Your Photo Workflow is now showing on two bookseller websites with a release date of 13 Dec 2012. Real? Placeholder? Don't know, but certainly hoping for real. If it weren't for the fact that I am more reliant on Aperture's workflow than its editing tools, would have changed to Lightroom months ago in protest of abandonment!