Possible to add GPS tracking to electronic devices?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jc0481, Jan 4, 2010.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

Does anybody know if this exists. I am looking into getting a Kinesis keyboard in the future. Since I type a lot for both work and at home. I can only afford one right now. I plan on taking it to work and back home.

I work in a office building by the way. My concern is if it gets stolen.

Is there a company out there that I can ship my expensive keyboard to and they will add a GPS chip to it with a special number attached to it. If it ever gets stolen I can either contact the company or track it where the keyboard is on the company website?

I am not only asking for a keyboard. I am interested to know if this can apply to other electronics? Like my PS3 and television.

It would be great if I can file a police report and tell the police officer the approximate area of where's it at.

I am sure a lot of you have expensive electronics that you take from home, take it to work or on the go. Hopefully this post will help other people too.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I believe what you are looking for would be specifically called a "data pusher", I don't know of any companies that install these for various devices though.