Possible to buy a completely clear bumper iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jaybarry2, Apr 10, 2013.

1. jaybarry2 macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2013
    Have my first iPhone coming in soon..Had to wait forever thanks to being a T-mobile customer..I bought the white one and honestly do not want to cover it up at all really..I know Apple has killed off the bumper for iphone 5..But I just cant risk going bumper free..Is there anywhere to purchase a "Clear" bumper..I honestly dont want some case covering it up either..I have searched forever and all I ever come up with is "White" and never completely clear. Do completely "Clear" bumpers exist?? Even when I search "Transparent" I still end up with "White" bumpers for sale instead of clear. Also I would rather have the cutouts and not have to use the metal buttons. I would appreciate if anyone has info to share. Thanks
  2. anizee macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2012
  3. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Nov 3, 2011
    Problem with clear is they don't stay clear. They turn yellow/stained from the oil in your hands/dirt.
  4. jaybarry2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 10, 2013
    thanks very nice..but was not looking to spend that much..looking for cheap right now;)

Thanks..Great variety..Had no idea the options in clear:)

I honestly figured that..So I am going with least expensive..Since I really want clear..And figure I will have to just replace eventually etc Thanks
  5. DotCom2 macrumors 68040

Feb 22, 2009
    Just came across this and exactly what I was looking for.
  6. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Aug 24, 2012
    New York, USA
  7. rrcompton macrumors member

Feb 17, 2008
    That's not true.

I got a free Belkin clear case when the 4 came out through Apples free bumper program. I used it on my 4S too (had to dremel the side button slot out a little) up until last month when I dropped my phone and the case finally cracked. I had it for almost 3 years and there wasn't any yellowing or any discoloration on it what so ever but like most clear cases, it showed every scratch.