Possible to bypass adding printer software (wireless)?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jive turkey, Jun 25, 2013.

1. jive turkey macrumors 6502

I am trying to connect my Macbook Pro (10.8.4) to a wireless printer (HP Photosmart C4780) at one of my clients. It is showing up under nearby printers and says, "software for this printer is available." But when I click install, after a few moments it returns a, "no software is available" message. I tried to cancel the "add software" message to bypass it, but it does nothing.

I've read through what I could find on the Apple website about wireless printing, as well as the guide here at MR but nothing that helps me was discovered. I'm not the brightest bulb, so is there a trick I'm missing? Thanks!

2. ConCat, Jun 25, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2013

ConCat macrumors 6502a

ConCat

How are you connecting to the printer? Manually or via bonjour?

Actually, it looks like you are using Bonjour... If it isn't working, try manually installing the drivers from Apple: HP Drivers

3. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You will have to manually update the printer driver. I had a HP Photosmart C7280 do the exact same thing. Every time I turned it on I received the same message. Once the driver was updated, message went away. Printer should still work even with message showing.

4. jive turkey thread starter macrumors 6502