Possible to cancel DF order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by artward22, Jul 17, 2008.

1. artward22 macrumors newbie

I lurk on this forum often, but haven't seen an answer to this. Is it possible to cancel a DF order? I'm thinking about giving up on this painful experience and trying my luck at an apple store.

For the curious:
    Ann Arbor, MI
    ordered at 4:00pm EST 7/11
    16gb black
    seem to be 21st in my queue

2. davetx macrumors newbie

I was told, as long as it hasn't shipped you could still cancel.

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I hope you can... I'm seriously thinking about canceling too but I dunno if my local Apple stores are in stock and I'm def. not waiting more than an hour in any line.

4. slaction macrumors newbie

I placed my DF order on launch day when ATT ran out of 16G.

The next morning I got a backorder confirmation email, so I called ATT. They said I would have to go to the store that I placed to order at to cancel.

So I went to the ATT store and was told that you can not cancel a DF, you just have to refuse the order when it comes in and they will credit you back minus shipping and a restocking fee.

I lucked out and while I was at ATT to cancel I found out that they had some 16g in stock so I just bought one then. That was Saturday the 12th. Today my DF order arrived at ATT I went over, told them I didn't want it, and was credited back the $300 minus a $10-15 restocking fee (I'm not exactly sure of the fee since I also had to pay shipping)

Here is something to keep in mind. I was a NEW ATT customer switching over, This allowed me to place the DF order on Friday without signing a contract. Had I been a pre-existing ATT customer, then I would not have been able to go ahead and get the phone the next day at the subsidized price since I would have already had an Iphone attached to my account.

Hope this helps.