Possible to change 5s color?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mjschabow, Apr 19, 2014.

1. mjschabow macrumors 65816

I bought my space grey 5s about 3 weeks ago at Best Buy and I'm kind of regretting not getting the Gold.

Do you know of there's a way to exchange or trade colors? I'm past the 14 day exchange policy at Best Buy so I'm sure that's not an option.

Any advice?

Thanks!

2. jr866gooner macrumors 65816

jr866gooner

I guess the only thing you can do is sell privately or not sure sure of apples policy they may trade for extra fee on top?

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Either sell it and buy the one you want or see if someone is willing to trade.

4. Ann P macrumors 68020

Perhaps you can find someone to trade with on Craigslist. My boyfriend actually had the same dilemma. He swapped a month-old silver 5s for a barely opened space grey. Just be cautious of course. :) Whatever you do, DON'T sell/trade it back to Best Buy. They'll give you pennies for dollars.

5. bnekic macrumors 6502a

bnekic

I recently sold my Space Gray and bought the Gold. First iPhone that wasn't black and I'm really liking the Gold.

6. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks. Yeah I wish I would have went with my gut here. Best Buy of course were dicks about it. I could possibly buy a used one on eBay for $400 and then sell my grey but that's a lot of work for a color change. I'll go the craigslist route and see if that works.

7. ry23 macrumors member

I'd have to strongly disagree.. Although you won't get back what you paid at BestBuy, they definitely pay well. I get my new upgrade every year for free because I sell my phone to BestBuy. They pay me more than the upgrade costs. I'm always able to get extra accessories with the new phone.

8. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

I think at this point though, I'd get screwed. I've only had the phone for 25 days and they won't exchange for a different color. I'd be surprised if they'd give me more than 200 for it now.

9. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

Anyone have experience with swappa? I see a "like new" gold 5s for $355. I think I could definitely get more on eBay for my Space grey.

10. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

One more question. If I buy sprint clean ESN iphone on eBay but has been unlocked for international use, will I have any issues activating it on sprint?

11. mjschabow thread starter macrumors 65816

Whelp. I ended up buying a new gold 5s on eBay and am Selling my space grey. I'll be happy if I break close to even.

12. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Your definition of "paying well" is a lot different than mine. Right now Best Buy is offering $283 for a 16GB 5S. You could easily get $500 on Craigslist.

13. ry23 macrumors member

Very true. Lol I guess when I do it, it's always right before the new phone comes out. I definitely wouldn't take it right after buying the new phone. You are right, $283 really isn't much. It would only help in the sense of buying a new subsidized phone as a new one costs ~$250 with all the taxes and such. So I stand corrected :)

I'm probably just giving BB a little too much credit since last year, due to them ****ing up my order, I ended up getting a 64GB 5S for the price of a 16GB. :p

14. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

Well... It's Best Buy after all :D