Possible to change a BTO order?

cjkihlbom

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
Does anyone know if its possible to change a Mac Pro Build-to-order configuration? The order now has the status "Sent to manufacturing" and an estimated ship date of Aug 29.

I didn't place the order with AppleStore directly, I went through a local reseller, and I'll call them when they open tomorrow morning. Just thought I'd ask here first since I'm inpatient :)

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
Clemson, SC
It probably depends how quickly in the process you catch it. Also, are you trying to give them more money or less? I have a feeling they'd be more flexible if you're trying to add on to an order rather than take away.

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
cjkihlbom said:
Does anyone know if its possible to change a Mac Pro Build-to-order configuration? The order now has the status "Sent to manufacturing" and an estimated ship date of Aug 29.

I didn't place the order with AppleStore directly, I went through a local reseller, and I'll call them when they open tomorrow morning. Just thought I'd ask here first since I'm inpatient :)
No good, not good at all. There is a good chance you may be out of luck. If I were you I’d call 1.800.MY.APPLE now and raise he** over it. Tomorrow morning may be too late.

cjkihlbom

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 9, 2006
The order has had the status "Sent to manufacturing" basically since I placed the order on August 8. And the Mac Pro hasn't started shipping here in Sweden yet, so I doubt that they've started on it.

Also, I can't call Apple directly since I placed the order with a local reseller.

I want to change from a 3.0 GHz to a 2.66 GHz so that I can get a 30" Cinema Display instead of a 23".

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Your Reseller should handle any changes in your order.

If you BTO'ed the ATI X1900 you're talking a 3-5 week backorder.

I'd get a stripped 3.0 and work from there later.

You can always up your graphics card later.

If you ordered factory RAM upgrades, I'd shop around at Datamem.com or OWC