possible to change order now that it's shipped?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by btownguy, Mar 12, 2012.

1. btownguy macrumors 6502a

So I got an order in on launch day and it's been shipped already (in Nashville right now). I suspect the unit has been in Nashville even before I placed my order in a huge warehouse with a ton of other units. They will obviously hold it there until it needs to leave to get to my house precisely on the 16th.

Would it be possible to change my order form a 16gb to a 32gb at this point? There is no option on Apple's website but wondering if I called Apple if they would allow me to change it to that. Any ideas?

2. tstarks33 macrumors regular

No... you can't change an order that has already shipped.

3. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

The only thing you will be able to do is return it and order another. But by that time you might have to wait until sometime in April before you could get another.

4. ant69 macrumors regular

ant69

im sure you can get it returned but you would have to go to the back of the line to wait for a replacement iPad.

but if its that you want, change it - whats a couple of weeks! you should get what you ultimatly want rather than settle!

Ant

5. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

No. It's no longer in their possession. But you can return @ store and exchange for model you want + $ difference. But you'll prob have to wait in line. Go to Apple Store on Thurs & talk to manager about doing a swap on Fri.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Go to the nearest Apple Store as soon as you get yours on Friday morning and see if someone will:

A. Buy a 32 and take yours + the difference in cash
    B. Just go to the back of the line and try to sell it for retail price. Then order a new one.