Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
is it possible for my iPhone to "forget" a single wifi network without losing them all? I am asking cuz i thought resetting the network settings would be the solution once before but it made it forget EVERY wifi network even though i got keychain.

my problem is that i logged into a public "T-Online" Hotspot at Mc Donalds once and now everywhere i go it tries to log into a "T-Online" hotspot (there are many throughout the city) which obviously does not work so i am basically "offline" until i realize is and manually disable wifi. it is quite annoying

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Next time you are connected to that particular hotspot you will need to go to the Wifi settings page and it will show as connected. Click on the ! sign at the end of the hotspot name and it will show a second screen that has an option to "Forget this Network". That will stop the phone connecting to it unless you physically reconnect the phone to it.

Reactions: bushido

bushido

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
Next time you are connected to that particular hotspot you will need to go to the Wifi settings page and it will show as connected. Click on the ! sign at the end of the hotspot name and it will show a second screen that has an option to "Forget this Network". That will stop the phone connecting to it unless you physically reconnect the phone to it.
oooh duh *facepalm* thats a good idea .why havent i thought of that. i am gonna try that. thx in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.