Possible to enter Co-Op Names on Game Center?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by ArtOfWarfare, Aug 16, 2011.

1. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

I'm thinking it's not possible, but I just wanted to check with other people who might have more experience with Game Center's leader boards:

Is it possible to have two names beside a high score on Game Center's leader boards? IE: I have a co-op mode in my game, and I'd like to display the names of both players next to their combined score.

2. ArtOfWarfare thread starter macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

Solution I've thought of:

Have two leader boards full of data that feed a single leader board in my app. The first leader board has one player's name/alias, along with their score and whatever other info Game Center stores, while the second leader board has their partner's name/alias, along with their score and whatever other info Game Center stores, and in my app, I display a single leader board. It checks all the info between the two tables, determines that because the scores are the same (and hopefully I can access the time the score was posted and determine that those are roughly the same,) that the two players must have been partners. Thus, it's capable of displaying a single score for two players that were partners in Co-Op.

Is this a good solution, as in, would Apple approve of an app that does this? The only issue I can imagine they might have is that the Game Center app's leader boards would look a little wonky without my game's unique interpretation (unless, is it possible for me to hide some of the leader boards from the Game Center app?)