Possible to exchange 4S back to AT&T for opposite color?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NoHo, Oct 16, 2011.

1. NoHo macrumors 6502

I regret getting the color of iPhone 4S that I received, but I still want to keep the phone, but want it in a different color. Is it possible to take it back to AT&T and exchange it for the opposite color?

I read somewhere you have 14 days to return a phone, but does that work for color swaps as well? I want the 4S because it's amazing, but want the other color instead.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I don't think so. AT&T has a $35 restocking fee. You can return it and buy another one, a AT&T manager might choose to make it easy, but you'll probably have to pay restocking.

3. NoHo thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh, I'll pay a $35 restocking fee if that's what it takes. It was my mistake ordering the wrong color.

So it is possible?

4. jgalan14 macrumors 6502

You got white ? Yeah that should work , I see you don't want to mention it lol

5. dave006 Contributor

dave006

The only problem is with the AT&T store having an iPhone of the correct color to offer you. AT&T allows you to exchange your handset one time within the first 30 days of service.

Call first thing in the morning to see if they have any units in stock.

Dave

6. tubalores macrumors member

tubalores

I was told you have 14 days to exchange/return the phone no matter what...even if it's only to switch colors. I agree with the above poster, though, that the only issue would be if the store doesn't have the proper phone to offer you in stock.

7. NoHo thread starter macrumors 6502

haha, maybe I got black and want to exchange for white?

It feels petty worrying about a color of a phone, but with $400 paid for said phone (64gb), I'd rather have the color I prefer.

8. vertigomhs macrumors member

i wanted to do the same (black to white) so i called my att store and they said, you would have to buy another phone, and when you would receive that one, youd have to return your current one and get your refund, and pay the 35 dollar restocking fee.

i decided against it.

9. ryguy2303 macrumors 6502

ryguy2303

I called today to ask that question. The manager said that unless the phone is still wrapped shut, there will be a $35 restocking fee.

10. mrdjdecastro macrumors newbie

Want to exchange my White iPhone 4S

Hey guys, I want to exchange my white iphone 4S for the black on. Is anyone interested in doing so? Or does anyone know when AT&T will have the 4S's back in stock so I can exchange it before my 30 days?