Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xolan99

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I bought my iPhone 6 under contract (AT&T) at my Apple Store in NYC. I got the silver/white version but kind of wish I got the space gray instead. I know that they do have space gray 64gig models in stock.

Do you know if it's possible to do an exchange just based on color rather than it having an issue?

ttbhg

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
I bought my iPhone 6 under contract (AT&T) at my Apple Store in NYC. I got the silver/white version but kind of wish I got the space gray instead. I know that they do have space gray 64gig models in stock.

Do you know if it's possible to do an exchange just based on color rather than it having an issue?

I believe you have 14 day return period. You can return it for any reason at all, including getting a different color.

omgitscro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
You will be able to return it no questions asked. However, it is up to you to buy the phone again—whether it's waiting in line or waiting for your online order.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York

Yes, I did last year with a 5S. Went from a gold to a silver. It will be processed as a return and as long as they have the color that you want in stock it should be easy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.